Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does Bunnings sell pull-side door closers?

Ken66
Just Starting Out

Does Bunnings sell pull-side door closers?

Does Bunnings sell a pull side door closer and if so what Brand and model. Recently I purchased a Ryobi HDC11SP door closer after being assured by a Bunnings staff member that it could be installed on the pull side. Yesterday Ryobi advised me that it does not make pull side door closers. Advice on what to buy would be greatly appreciated.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pull side door closers

Hi @Ken66 

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the door you are attaching the door closer to? This will give out members a chance to assess its configuration. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ken66
Just Starting Out

Eric,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The two photos attached are from inside the room. I want the door closer to be mounted inside the room so it has to be a pull side closer. Previously I had an arm with a roller installed and that was wanting.

IMG_0228.jpegIMG_0229.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the photos @Ken66.

As Eric is now taking a well-earned break, let me tag some other helpful members to assist, including our other resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc

@Marty_greenshed@CSParnell@Jewelleryrescue 

Jason

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Ken66 

Thanks for posting pictures of your door. I suggest using the Lockwood Black 7724 Series Hydraulic Door Closer. This is applicable for parallel or over-door mounting situations. Or in this case a pull-side or pull-out door.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: Lockwood 7724 Installation

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Happy Holidays!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi @Ken66 

In addition to @redracer01  hydralic closer which is out of stock my store. 

I offer another  under the $150  mark. It can be used on either side of the door once you work out the instructions.

Lockwood 2024 Series Hydraulic Door Closer

I/N: 4090526

$125

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Ken66,

It's great to see that you've received a couple of helpful suggestions on alternate openers. I do apologise for the inconvenience of being provided with a non-suitable opener. Let me know if you need any assistance returning the unit.

Mitchell

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hey @Jason @Ken66 really not 100% sorry as I have never looked into this style of closer but from what I can find online this may be suitable for your application if the door is within the kg rating.

Closer at Bunnings 

1000009482.jpg

1000009483.jpg

1000009484.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects