Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use the same white tiles in both indoor living & outdoor alfresco?

Samara1
Finding My Feet

Can you use the same white tiles in both indoor living & outdoor alfresco?

how about using the same white based tiles for both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco for seamless look.

I have corner stacker door which connects both indoor and outdoor so planning to use below Calacatta White Matt tiles.  

Samara1_0-1713006065034.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Same White tiles in both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco

Hi @Samara1,

Using the same white tiles indoors and outdoors is a solid move for keeping things smooth and seamless. Just make sure those tiles are suitable for outdoor use, as they'll typically have a slip-resistant rating.

With that corner stacker door linking your indoor and outdoor areas, using those tiles sounds like it'll really tie everything together.

Let me mention @prettyliving and @Renowayoflife to see if they have any thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @Samara1 I think that's a wonderful idea. Keeping the flooring consistent is a wonderful way to really draw the eye from the outside in and will make your entire space feel so much larger. That's a wonderful opening, you could also add some greenery to the corners to tie into the greenery outside. Best of luck I think it will look lovely.

Claire 

any risk here to use this white Matt finish tiles in Afresco. i cannot find the Slip Resistance Value or Pendulum Classification in the link:

https://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/1254407-ambience-calacatta-white-matt

could you please advise. thanks

Hi @Samara1,

The advice I have received from our good friends at Beaumont Tiles is that this particular tile is not suitable for outdoor use. You would need to look for an alternative textured tile for any area that is likely to get wet. I am waiting on Beaumont Tiles to get back to me with a suitable alternative. 

In the meantime, I encourage you to look at Beaumont's range of patio tiles for some possible alternatives. I note that a number of them come in both textured and matt finishes which could create a consistent flow while maintaining the look and safety.

Jacob

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

The alternative options I've been provided by our friends at Beaumont Tiles are:

Let me know if you need any further assistance,

Jacob

Hi JacobZ

Amazing thank you so much and much appreciated for your time.

the indoor have cool white tone with grains - 1254407 Ambience Calacatta White Matt

so which one out of this three  i can go for as all looks like natural white but i want cool white tone with matching grains to above indoor one: kindly advise.

1224015 Symphony Calacatta White Textured
1245079 Bora Carrara White Microtec Textured
1224013 Symphony Statuario White Textured

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

Thank you for your question.

I think the best way for you to compare would be to visit your local Beaumont Tiles and have them show you everything side by side. Seeing the products in person will allow you to make a well-informed decision on what looks good side by side and will also allow you to view things in different lights. 

I am happy to call them once they have opened to get their advice, but I believe a lot of your decision will come down to personal preference.

Let me know if you would like me to do this for you.

Jacob

thanks @JacobZ please check with Beaumont to have a closest match between Indoor and Outdoor. definetely i will make a visit in person to finalise. Thanks

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

Beaumont Tiles have confirmed that either of these choices will have the same pattern whether you choose the textured or polished tiles.

I would definitely encourage you to go down and look for yourself when you can, as the images on their website can only give you an idea of what they look like in person.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects