Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can roller blinds be cut down to size?

BAW
Just Starting Out

Can roller blinds be cut down to size?

Can readymade roller blinds from bunnings be cut down to size for non-standard windows

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: roller blinds

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @BAW. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cutting down roller blinds.

Typically you can't cut down a roller blind due to the internal mechanism. However, we do offer a range of customer-made roller blinds from RIVA. Just let our helpful team at your local store's Special Orders desk know the size of the window, and they can have the blinds made for you. If you'd like to know more about the process, check out this helpful guide on How to order custom Riva blinds.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BAW
Just Starting Out

Thanks Mitchell

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Evening @BAW 

"Can readymade roller blinds from bunnings be cut down to size for non-standard windows"

Are we talking about the blinds you tug at the end and they automatically rise or the beaded cord ones?

I don't know about the Bunnings ones - but the Spotlight beaded cord ones you can most certainly cut to size. I cut them to fit within our kitchen window frames.

I can provide photos and instructions if you wish.

Cheers.

HPM
Finding My Feet

@Noyade Hi - if you can provide photos and instructions, that would be helpful. We need to do 3 large window blinds with the beaded cord.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @HPM 

Just letting you know that Windoware Roller Blinds can be ordered custom size to fit your window. They come in a variety of colours and functions. 

I suggest visiting your local store and speaking to a team member from the special orders desk. Please make sure to double check the measurement of your windows before going to the store.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @HPM 

Can you please tell us the brand and model of your roller blinds? Perhaps we can track down instructions for it. If you have not yet installed the blinds. I'm just letting you know that Windoware Roller Blinds can be ordered custom cut to your preferred measurements.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Morning HPM @HPM 

This was eight years ago and they were cheap Spotlight beaded roller blinds.

I remember two windows were not a standard size so we bought two slightly oversized blinds and cut them to fit.

There were even instructions included on how to do this.

You literally cut the entire end to fit - after you remove the plastic insert with the pin.

It was just a cardboard tube at the top - the blind material - and then the plastic 'weight' at the bottom.

Once cut to fit - reinsert the plastic pinned end and install.

Measure three times - cut once. 😁

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Noyade 

Id say yes please to that! :smile: So many times I have wanted to know how to.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects