Workshop
Ask a question

Which clipping system to use with Ekodeck?

cathie12
Getting Established

Which clipping system to use with Ekodeck?

Hi everyone, just about to try replacing a long ( 27.2 x 2.4) deck using Ekodeck. Can anyone tell me if the 6mm plastic clip system is easier/ better than the 3mm metal clip system. 
I prefer the look of the 3mm gap but all the installation videos mostly show the plastic system. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ekodeck

Hi @cathie12 

Thanks for sharing your question about the clipping system for Ekodeck. They actually have a page that fully explains the difference of the clipping systems. To summarize the difference, using the 6mm plastic clip allows you to lift a single panel out of the run if you need to access the bottom of the deck at a certain spot. 

The 3mm metal clip is not as forgiving and you will need to disassemble the deck panels in order to get to the spot you need to reach. The spacing is merely a design feature according to Ekodeck, but I believe that the 6mm spacing allows for better air circulation under the deck.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cathie12
Getting Established

Thanks Eric, 

Have ordered the 6mm after watching countless videos both appear to have merit but the deciding factor was easy removal of a single board if needed down the track. 

Boards are being delivered today so we will soon know if we made the correct decision. 

Thanks for your advice. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated on your project @cathie12, as we can't wait to see your results. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects