Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What to do about Monocel Furniture Oil not being absorbed into outdoor table?

Kobba
Just Starting Out

What to do about Monocel Furniture Oil not being absorbed into outdoor table?

I put a generous coating of Monocel Furniture Oil on my table thinking it would nourish the wood instead its left it dry, rought and has a patchy consistency.  looks like its sitting on top of the wood not being obsorbed.
What should I do?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: oiled outdoor table with Monocel Furniture Oil instead of nourishing the wood its rought and dry

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kobba. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about oiling timber.

Couldyou share some images with us of the finish so our members can better understand the issue at hand? Let me know if you need a hand uploading them.

If the oil has sat on the surface, it sounds like something was preventing it from soaking in. Was the table previously varnished with a hard coating, and if so, did you sand it back?

Once we have more details and some images I'll be able to advise on the best method for correcting the situation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What to do about Monocel Furniture Oil not being absorbed into outdoor table?

Hi @Kobba,

Just checking in whether I can assist in uploading some images so we can assist you with your outdoor table?

We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects