Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What paint to use for Atlantis swing and play set?

Liv95
Getting Established

What paint to use for Atlantis swing and play set?

IMG_4220.jpeg

We have just purchased this play ground from Bunnings for our daughter and want to know what would be the best paint brand to use on it if we wanted to paint it? Will not have a lot of shade so something durable! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What paint to use for Atlantis swing and play set?

Hello @Liv95 

Thanks for sharing your question about what paint to use on the Atlantis play set. If I recall correctly the Atlantis Playset has a protective coating on it already. It might be necessary to sand the surface down before painting. Please allow me to contact our provider and double check for you, before I make any recommendation.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Liv95 

Thank you for your patience. The Atlantis swing set is actually a heat-treated timber with a regular stain placed on top of it. It will be necessary to sand the surface of the timber in order to paint it. I suggest having a look at the Dulux Weathersheild to paint the timber playset. Please makes sure that the paint has totally cured before allowing the children to use playset.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Liv95
Getting Established

Hey Eric, 

You are amazing! Thank you for looking into this for me :smile: 

if it doesn’t need painting I think it’s easier to leave it as is! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects