Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What make and mode is my caravan?

Olivecaravan24
Getting Established

What make and mode is my caravan?

Hello! Can anyone tell me what make/ model/year my caravan is? I bought it as a shell, no badges, maker etc. New door and windows as there was none. It is a 10 footer. Thanks!

17091983616695457662359309564141.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: my caravan

Hello @Olivecaravan24 

Having had a look online, it looks very similar in shape to a 1976 Millard York Carvan, mind you though the 1977 model has the same front window configuration. But these days it's difficult to tell specially if the caravan has been upgraded or rebuilt.

Let me call on our experienced members @twocutekelpies and @Peggers for their opinion on the type and model of your caravan. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Wow, that was quick! Thanks for your reply. I'll wait for further info from the community. Would love to know exactly so I can source some old badges etc, Amazing!

twocutekelpies
Making a Splash

Aww, it's a lovely little York. As you know, the windows and doors aren't original but if the windows are the same shape as original, then it's approx 1972. Is there a Y number on the drawbar? That can confirm year for me. 

The below photo was mine after a rebuild and this is the link to my reno https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Featured-Projects/1972-York-Caravan-renovation/ta-p/73125 

IMG_20200809_110358_resized_20200818_044856378.jpg

Instagram @twocutekelpies

@Olivecaravan24  for that era York, there's a couple of York decals available on Ebay. Here's a newspaper article about it as well. 

1973 Jul 17.jpg    IMG_1822.jpg  sticker.png

Instagram @twocutekelpies

Yay! Olive has a make and year! Thanks so much for all you info, love the newspaper article. Your finished van is beautiful and I hope to use a few of your tips. You are amazing

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects