Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What distance can pavers be from weep holes?

TimGeo
Having an Impact

What distance can pavers be from weep holes?

I have just completed my deck and about to plan for my next task of building bluestone pavers in a stepping stone style. I planned to have the top level of the pavers at approx 150mm below the F.F.L of the deck which coincidently is the exact level of the bottom of the weep holes of the house as seen in the photo.

I will be using about 100mm thick of concrete pad per paver ontop of a base so I will be moving some of the existing material around to level it out at least so the base is on a somewhat level surface.

I haven't decided what material to back fill between the crushed base and the pavers to fill the gap, but essentially the substrate top surface will be 10 to 20mm below the weep holes.

I may even back fill most of the way with soil, and a layer of stones or pebbles to satisfy any ventilation issues with the weep holes, that way I can at least plant ground cover between pavers and still be freely draining.

I would like to know if this will be ok, and perhaps any tips, I know the minimum should be 50 to 75mm space but I'm taking drainage into consideration 

20230408_122942.jpg

TimGeo
Having an Impact

Re: paver project and weep holes

A Major milestone completed in my landscaping project! Today I just laid the final paver to complete the hardest part of the job, check it out!

20230813_161057.jpg

20230813_153444.jpg

For a first time doing this kind of job, I was a bit more stressed over the precision of the job! making sure that everything was dead straight and more importantly that the pavers stick and stay put for many years to come!, the later is yet to be proven so time will tell how good my skills have improved!

I made sure to seal the pavers prior to installing and they had a couple of days to dry so I didn't have to go over them afterwards and risk any contamination, rain, or things like bird poo which might have etched the stones.

All that remains is a small amount of clean up and I can finish all the easy tasks before the whole side is finished!

Next to do:

•Fill in the gaps with soil, drip irrigation, plant ground cover and cover with stones.

•Line the garden beds, install irrigation, install wire trellis and fill with soil and plants.

Thanks to the bunnings team for all the help so far, I have done stacks of research and several trips to bunnings for my supplies! 

Thanks again

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: paver project and weep holes

That's looking mint @TimGeo! Great work! Keep these updates coming, we're loving them.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects