Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What concrete mix for outdoor kitchen concrete benchtop?

indi
Finding My Feet

What concrete mix for outdoor kitchen concrete benchtop?

Hi Team, I'm building an outdoor kitchen and planning to build concrete countertops. Youtube videos shows many options which are bit overwhelming. Can you please suggest concrete mixes I can use? Trying to achieve a smooth finish. Thanks legends!

markw
Building a Reputation

Re: What Concrete Mix for Concrete benchtop?

I created a discussion with extra photos and details here: https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Concrete-tabletop-project/td-p/146382

snowgoose62
Growing in Experience

Getting ready for the mortar pourIMG_4214.JPGIMG_4213.JPGIMG_4212.JPGIMG_4211.JPGIMG_4215.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @snowgoose62 

Thank you so much for the update on your concrete benchtop project. Before you start, I suggest having a quick read of this discussion - Concrete tabletop project by @markw. It has some very good suggestions on making sure that your concrete benchtop is free of trapped bubbles.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the concrete poured in.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

This is almost identical to what im currently working on. Looks great.

How many bags of concrete did this end up using?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Bryce8 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us.

Let me tag @snowgoose62 to make them aware of your question. 

I also suggest having a look at this discussion - Concrete tabletop project by @markw. It's an amazing example of how you can build a concrete tabletop independent of bottom timber support. 

Please make sure to post an update, I'm sure our members will be keen to see what your tabletop looks like.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects