Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pool boundary fence foothold ideas needed

london
Just Starting Out

Pool boundary fence foothold ideas needed

IMG_3610.jpeg

We are needing to cover the height extensions on our current fence which have been deemed as footholds. I would like to hear any suggestions for this. Thanks

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Pool Boundary Fence Foothold Ideas Needed

Hi @london 

photo a bit blurry is that a timber or color bond fence.  I am thinking  timber.

Well those so called  footholds are your current problem so will either need to be covered up with full sheeting of what ever material you choose maybe full sheet villaboard panel trimed and painted to make it nice and flush on the outside. This might be quickest cheapest easiest solution.

Or replace the inner rails and panels with  full length sheets with no  joins . If this was color bond fence  for example you could take out the 1800 panels and replace them  with 2100  panels quite easily.

Color bond not terribly expensive  maybe if it is a  timber fence  take out the timber panels leaving the posts and screw color bond C shaped posts to the timber, Cut  the color bond  posts to suit fence height as there is no need to plant posts ungerground with the extra  length.   Then buy rails and in fill panels 1800mm  2100mm panels.  As the timber fence is probably non standard sizing for colour bond  alot of  colour bond infill panels will need  to be trimed to size,,  A colour bond panel cutting tool i recommend is a  electric nibbling tool.  also you can get nibbling tools powered by  standard cordless drills this is  what I use as I dont need a  million new tools used once. Buy At tool shop.

In Australia it is the pool owners responsibility to bear all fence costs a joint fence is pool boundary for one. For two there is a possiblilty  your neighbour wants to keep current fence? .

So The only option there is to skin  (build a new fence inside the current fence.)   But I think  your space is limited to do that so sweet talking neighbour is the reasonable  safe bet as to their free  fence upgrade.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pool boundary fence foothold ideas needed

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @london. We trust you'll get loads of great assistance and inspiration from our wonderful members.

I wonder whether you'd consider something like @ProjectPete's popular poolside fence makeover?

Let me also tag @EricL for his thoughts.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pool boundary fence foothold ideas needed

Hello @london 

It's great that you've received excellent suggestions from our members. I suggest having a look at SpecRite 1800 x 902mm Pre-Oiled Merbau Alternating Slat Fence Panel. It's easy to install and can be easily cut down to the size that you need. Timber posts will need to be installed in order to mount the panels. These can also be brought forward so that even if there is a foot hold it will be impossible to stand on as the panels are right next to the step.

I've placed a sample image below to give you an idea of what it could look like once installed.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects