Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pavers are a different colour when wet

darryl_c
Just Starting Out

Pavers are a different colour when wet

Hello,

I got some pavers put in my garden and I have noticed that especially when it rains how different they look in colour. Is this normal?

FA555EAF-383B-451D-BEB3-7062DA513CDF.jpeg

 this is a pic of when  just installed dry

8CD5AC75-AFF3-4094-A9BA-D56CC98DEBA5.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: paver’s different colour

Hello @darryl_c

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your pavers.

Looking at the photo you posted it would seem that the pavers finish is quite different. However, just to be clear, when the pavers are dry they look the same, but when wet the others stand out? There is the possibility that the person who purchased the pavers may have accidentally grabbed a different set and mixed it in with the plain ones without realizing so. I think the contrast actually looks nice and adds a bit of character to the paved walkway.

However, if you prefer a uniform finish, I suggest speaking to your tradesperson and pointing out the difference in the pavers. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
darryl_c
Just Starting Out

Thanks for responding Eric. They are supposed to be the same - they were a special order from Bunnings. Is this a fault as when dry they look the same.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @darryl_c

It looks more like a mixed batch, those other pavers should be the same. I suggest bringing your docket and a photo of the pavers to the store where you purchased them and asking the special orders team to exchange them for you. Please make sure to explain to them what happens when the pavers get wet and when they are dry. If you need assistance with the exchange, please let me know. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects