Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach festoon lights to Colorbond fence?

Baresi79
Finding My Feet

How to attach festoon lights to Colorbond fence?

Hello! 

I am looking to attach Festoon lights to a rear fence and am not sure of the  best way about it. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Should I drill in some cup hooks, use Command hooks or any other ideas? 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Regards

Baresi

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach festoon lights to Colorbond fence?

Hello @Baresi79

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your festoon lights.

Hanging festoon lights is an excellent way of adding a feature to your fence line. I suggest using either RapidFence Roll Top Wire Mesh Fence U Clips And Teck Screws or Cobra 60 Piece Cable Management Nylon P-Clips Kit in combination with Buildex 12-14 x 20mm Climaseal Hex Head Metal Tek Screws. My number one tip when mounting your clips is to not over-tighten the screw fittings. 

It sounds like a fantastic project, please make sure to post an update once the festoon lights are installed. I'm sure our members will be keen to see what they look like.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to attach festoon lights to Colorbond fence?

Thank you so much, this helps greatly! Thank you again!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects