Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Old '72 York Caravan reno

HandyH
Occasional Browser

Re: Old '72 York Caravan reno

Hey @twocutekelpies,
I too have discovered the use of the electric knife for cutting foam, works a treat. If anyone is going to have a go I suggest practice on some scrap foam, to get the feel for it :smile:
Highlighted
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experience @HandyH. Great to see you make your first post! We look forward to reading more about your plans and projects soon. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
twocutekelpies
Budding Contributor

Today I've been having fun with the Permastik magnetic insect screens from Bunnings.

IMG_20180516_083746.jpgMy original flyscreens had seen better days      IMG_20190906_061537_resized_20190907_125224976.jpgReady to assemble      IMG_20190906_081554_resized_20190907_125227321.jpgThe grid pattern on the tiles came in handy      IMG_20190907_112325_resized_20190907_125227872.jpgBacking magnets in place with supplied self adhesive tape      IMG_20190907_112943_resized_20190907_125226292.jpgMy walls aren't smooth so I didn't trust the tape to last long, hence the added security of rivets      IMG_20190907_132229_resized_20190907_012305534.jpgI'm very happy with how they are looking and still flexible enough to allow my airhose through

echopepper18
Occasional Browser

Hi There, My daughter has   AN OLD CARAVAN that she has been working on now for some time  she also has  condition  called  FIBROMYALGIA  that stops her enegy leavels .What I would like to know is Do you have a Work shop in christchurch so she can contact like minded people as she sometimes find it a struggle. Sereena is my daughter. Thanks Rosemary [MUM]

twocutekelpies
Budding Contributor

Hi Rosemary @echopepper18 

I don't know of any work shops as such but I know there's quite a few like minded people on facebook. I'm in a few caravan renovation groups and there are a lot ideas thrown around and everyone is very encouraging. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put links up but there's 2 main groups (fix it or renovate that caravan and caravan renovations), mainly Aussie but there are a few New Zealanders in there, they may have an idea of other groups over there. :smile: 

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Hi Rosemary (@echopepper18)

Welcome to Workshop, a community for D.I.Y. and gardening discussion. Your daughter will be more than welcome to join our community. We have wonderful people sharing helpful advice and inspiration every day. I'm sure she would get plenty of support and engagement for her caravan renovation. @RobPegley's How to renovate a caravan series would be a good place to start.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects