Workshop
Ask a question

How to add kids swing to alfresco?

cafelah
Just Starting Out

How to add kids swing to alfresco?

Can i install a kids swing to the beam in my outdoor alfresco? If so what attachments could i use to attach them to the beam? Beam is not wood.

swing in questionswing in questioncan i install in the highlighted areacan i install in the highlighted areaWhatsApp Image 2024-03-29 at 16.53.09_67a1fa8f.jpg

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: Kids swing in my Alfresco

Evening @cafelah 

Welcome to the Bunnings community, these type of questions get talked about a fair bit in here :smile:

I like you thinking I must admit but I would recomend against it sadly 😕

There are a LOT of forces involved when pushing even a small child on a swing seat. I dont see any bracing to strengthen the frame of your awning (from the lateral forces of the swing swinging) allso I dont know the weight rating of the roof mstructure? (Could you walk on top of it would tell you instantly if its not built to carry a load)

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cafelah. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about hanging a swing.

Unfortunately, as @Dave-1 has mentioned, the beam is designed to hold up the roof, and the manufacturer wouldn't have considered the additional weight and force that a swing adds. If you were to contact the manufacturer, they would undoubtedly say that adding the swing to the beam is not an option.

Space might be limited, but I recommend you consider a standalone frame such as the Plum 3 In 1 Wooden Growing Swing Set.

Sensational Bonsai collection, by the way!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @cafelah 

Any grassed areas on your property?

Kids do fall of swings - the area above looks very unforgiving. 🤕

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects