Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to start and set up a Gentrax generator?

kerry156
Finding My Feet

How to start and set up a Gentrax generator?

I have purchased a gentrax generator

And would like some help setting up.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to start and set up generator

Hello @kerry156 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your generator. 

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the gentrax generator. I suggest referring to the instruction booklet that came with your generator unit or calling the company for set up instructions. 

However, the general basic rules before starting a petrol generator are the same. Does your generator require engine oil? If it does, make sure that it is the correct grade specified in your manual. Is there fuel in the gas tank? It's important to load it up with the correct type of fuel. Aside from this, your generator will probably have a startup procedure indicated in the manual.

Do not start your generator indoors, it's important to run it outdoors where you will have plenty of fresh air.    

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thankyou so much Eric for getting back to me so quickly.

I am so trying to understand this manuel

I know the oil is 10w30 not sure if you need normal or synthetic

And it doesn't say about the petrol unleaded or what. I will ring the company Eric. Once again thankyou so much.

Have a Great Night. 👍

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @kerry156 , maybe you've found out already, but those generators use unleaded fuel.

Thankyou very much no I haven't found out already Terriffic. Thanks again.

This message app is a FANTASTIC idea.

Have a Great Night Tedbear.👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects