Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to save lime tree from curling and bugs?

Nabila
Getting Established

How to save lime tree from curling and bugs?

Hello,

I bought this Tahitian Lime tree four days ago and today I can see it has both green and white bugs. The leaves are curling too. I potted this into a big pot. Please suggest me how should I save my plant. 

Thanks.

16633752077935589437198027587013.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: lime tree leaves curling and bugs

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Nabila. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about citrus pests.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your newly purchased plant. It sounds like you have some aphids and mealy bugs on your citrus. How many of these bugs do you see? If it's a full-blown infestation, then I'd advise you to take the plant back to where you purchased it from and see if there are any that don't have this issue. If it were purchased from us, we would be more than happy to exchange it for you. If you'd like to deal with this issue yourself, you can apply Yates 750ml Nature's Way Vegie And Herb Pest Spray. If there are only a few of these bugs, then you can remove them by hand with a moist paper towel.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nabila
Getting Established

Thank you Mitchell for your advice. I bought this from Lidcome Bunnings. I am not sure what should I do. Return it back or use pesticides. The bugs are in every leaves, its a massive infestation.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Nabila,

I'd recommend returning the plant as it's not a great start to have to be dealing with an infestation. I've spoken with the team at Bunnings Lidcombe, and they'd be happy to refund or exchange the plant. Currently, it doesn't look like they have any more Tahitian limes in stock, but I'm sure they'll be able to Special Order you one or reserve one in their next order.

Mitchell

Nabila
Getting Established

Its really heavy and I dont have a car. Just wondering if I put it into a small pot and return it back will that be fine? 

Thanks for your help.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That will be fine @Nabila. You can bring it back bare-rooted in a plastic bag if you'd like.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects