Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repurpose existing Colorbond pergola?

alison4
Just Starting Out

How to repurpose existing Colorbond pergola?

Hello everybody. 

I have a small backyard with a big deck and pergola over it. I am hoping to put a pool in but would like to re use the decking and part of the pergola. Do you think this is possible and any suggestions on trades to get in to do this  TIA for your thoughts on this.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Repurpose existing colourbond pergola

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @alison4. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repurposing a pergola.

Could you please provide a little more information on what you'd like to achieve so our members have a better idea of what you're working with, allowing them to provide informed solutions? Provided the decking and pergola are in a reasonable condition, it sounds like they could be used in your new project. I suspect if the decking needs to be removed, it could sustain some damage in the process. Also, the cost involved and the time it would take for a tradesperson to disassemble the decking would likely be more than the cost of the new decking, so keep that in mind.

I suspect most of this work could be completed by a general handyperson.

If you'd like to add some images of the existing layout, some sketches of the proposed layout and a few more details on the use of the old deck and pergola in the new project, I trust our members will have some further input. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects