Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace artificial grass?

wolf3038
Just Starting Out

How to replace artificial grass?

Please note that I have an area that already has artificial grass. The ground has become uneven and faded. Requires to be lifted and replaced by 35mm artificial grass. The area to be done is 5 meters x 7.5 meters. 

IMG_2508 (002).jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace artificial grass?

Hello @wolf3038 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about replacing your artificial turf.

If you need to re-level the area, I suggest adding more sand and using a compactor to level it out. Your current turf is probably held in place with pegs or pins. I suggest wearing gloves and safety goggles when you start pulling out the old turf. 

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to lay synthetic turf

Here are some discussions that will help with your turf installation:

I propose having a look at the Tuff Turf 1.8m x 35mm Pile Real Tuff - Linear Metre. It will be necessary to purchase several meters of the turf to cover your area. I propose double checking your measurements before heading for the store.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
wolf3038
Just Starting Out

Is there any one at Bunnings or recommend someone that is able to fit the artificial grass in the Keilor Lodge/Taylors Lakes 3038, area?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @wolf3038 

I suggest visiting your local Bunnings and proceeding to the Special Orders Desk. The store does offer an installation service, but you'll have to arrange a measure and quote service first which needs to be paid at the store.

Here's a link to the turf installation service: Tuff Turf Installation.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects