Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace Lytworx festoon bulb?

homeinmelbourne
Becoming a Leader

How to replace Lytworx festoon bulb?

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to replace a festoon bulb on the Lytworx Connectable Flat Cable Party Lights without having to replace/dispose of the whole length of lights as the 9 other bulbs on the strand work. Unfortunately it has just passed warranty by 2 months. 

IMG_6853 2.JPG

I've tried contacting Lytworx and was redirected to Dats the supplier to ask whether and where I can purchase a replacement bulb but no response yet. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 🙂

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to replace Lytworx festoon bulb?

Hi @homeinmelbourne 

Lytworks  does have a replacment globe with an Edison  E27   standard screw in Low  voltage.  But I cant see if it will be compatable  with your light  set.

I recommend  seeing if you  blown bulb unscrews from its socket firstly and then take that bulb  and light string details into  bunnings and try  find a direct bulb shape match. Also there maybe  competitor brands that may screw in as low voltage (Ican see voltage displayed to advise on  this)

Failing a match  and your  bulb does unscrew then if it is also a screw thread  E27  then try this light bulb it will either work or not  work hard too tell with limited  information.

Lytworx Warm White Replacement Festoon LED Globe I/N: 4352361 $8.98

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @homeinmelbourne,

It's great to see that @Jewelleryrescue has been assisting. The replacement festoon globe suggests that it can only be used on Lytworx 10 Warm White LED Connectable Party Lights and appears to be a different style globe. That particular kit lists that it has replacement globes, whereas the kit you're using does not. However, if your kit does not have replacement globes, then they should be designed to last for a significant amount of time, and in your case, they haven't. Regardless of the 12-month warranty period, it does not appear that you've got a fair use out of them, and I'd be happy to assist with returning the product. Perhaps you might like to replace the kit or upgrade to the Lytworx 10 Warm White LED Connectable Party Lights that have the replacement globes.

I'll reach out via PM to get some additional details from you so I can facilitate the return.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Good  and decent Bunning Solution

@MitchellMc 

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Def touch base with @MitchellMc pretty sure that set doesn't have replacement bulbs 

It's this set ? https://www.bunnings.com.au/lytworx-warm-white-connectable-double-filament-led-party-lights-10-pack_... ?

homeinmelbourne
Becoming a Leader

Hi @Jewelleryrescue ,

Thank you for responding to my query and your suggestions on the replacement globe. Unfortunately after looking at the globes closer, I think this particular light set has sealed globes that can't be replaced.

Thank you as always @MitchellMc for your helpful suggestions and generous offer to replace the set.

Hi @MitchellMc, I found this forum post through a Google search and I’m thinking I might be in the same situation as @homeinmelbourne   

I have 2 sets of lytworx party lights and on both sets, the third last LED bulb is playing up. The lights are sealed and do not look like are replaceable. I purchased these lights 2 years ago, but noticed this problem last Christmas when setting up the lights again, but put it off as a future problem. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @UKbutBrisbane.

As discussed, the globes in this set are sealed units and non-replaceable. If it were within the 12-month warranty, they would have been a direct swap for a new set. I understand replacing the kit might not be a priority, but returning faulty products as soon as possible is always best to take advantage of your warranty. 

I would still encourage you to visit your local store with the faulty product and your proof of purchase to discuss the issue with a manager. I trust they'll do their best to help resolve the situation.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @UKbutBrisbane 

Some sets of lytwork bulbs do seam to have led replacements like the one below an Edison screw bulb E27 at 36V

Lytworx Warm White Replacement Festoon LED Globe

I/N: 4352361

$8.98

But I think you would see if the bulb is screw in or not so it maybe your sets are the  the un replacable led kind which  would mean replacing the whole set which is  sadly waste full.  

Or maybe  have another string  of lights with  fixable bulbs  this time if you wish over lap the first set and the dead light is not obvious as  in a single string line you can  keep it running for a  while  longer.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects