Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair outdoor chair?

copland92
Just Starting Out

How to repair outdoor chair?

IMG_6103.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to repair outdoor chair?

Hi @copland92,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and project inspiration from our wonderful community members.

Can you please tell us about your chair? Do you know the manufacturer and how old it is? Do you know what the material covering is? A little more information might assist members to provide more helpful advice.

Let me also tag our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL to assist you as soon as possible. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair outdoor chair?

Hello @copland92 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your outdoor chair.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to repair torn fabric on balcony chair? by @arnab. In the discussion I suggested using Coolaroo 3.66m Graphite 90% UV Heavy-Duty People Cover Shade Cloth - Per Metre as a possible replacement for the chair fabric.

Generally speaking, the chair must be disassembled, and the plastic end plugs removed. This will allow you access to the plastic insert that is holding the fabric in place. Once you pull the plastic insert out you should be able to remove the damaged fabric from the chair.

Observe carefully how the ends of the fabric were sown or folded as you'll need to copy it in order for you to re-assemble the chair.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects