Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to prevent rain seeping in under my door?

homefix
Just Starting Out

How to prevent rain seeping in under my door?

Hi,

I’m not too sure how rain is coming through under the door but when there is heavy rain I noticed a lot of water coming through under the front door. What can I do to fix this? The raven weatherstrip installed as per pic has a gap underneath which I can see sunlight coming in from the inside, could it be that it’s not installed low enough? What else can I do to stop this from happening? 

IMG_8823.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to prevent rain seeping in under my door?

Hi @homefix,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it's great to have you with us.

I believe you're correct that it has been installed too high. If installed correctly, when closed, you should not be able to see a gap underneath the weather seal. The solution to this is likely as simple as moving the weather seal down so that when the door is closed, the rubber strip has solid contact with the tiles underneath.

Can you advise if this is an adhesive backed seal or a screw fixed seal? This will have some effect on the method of reinstalling.

Let me know,

Jacob

homefix
Just Starting Out

Hi,

thank you for your reply, it is screwed on however I just noticed that the cam lock (not sure what it’s called) the rubber that locks it when door is closed is not installed. Can these be purchased seperatrly

IMG_8828.jpeg

and are they easy to do? 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @homefix,

Looking at the Raven 920mm Clear Anodised RP3 Door Bottom Seal, you are correct that there is a part missing.

I would head to the Special Orders desk at your local store and show them the above. They can get in touch with the supplier and order the spare parts for you.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects