Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to patch holes in outdoor concrete area?

bornToDIY
Growing in Experience

How to patch holes in outdoor concrete area?

Hi

I have some holes in concrete near an old outdoor gas heating unit - please see photo.  This area is exposed to rain.

Some of the broken concrete might have been on a gradient to help with rain run-off - not sure.

I want to patch the holes to stop rain from getting in under the unit (and under the house).

What should I use to do it and how?

Thanks

concrete-holes.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fill hole in concrete, outdoor, exposed to rain

Where exactly are the holes @bornToDIY? Are they under the rubble on the left-hand side? If so, can you remove it so our members can get a better look at the area in need of repair?

I suspect you'll need to use a combination of Concremate for the bigger missing sections and then Sikaflex 11FC to fill in the gap between the heating unit and the concrete. Please reference the manufacturer guidelines for the unit before sealing the bottom edge to the ground. there might be a gap left for safety reasons.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Fill hole in concrete, outdoor, exposed to rain

Hi @bornToDIY

@MitchellMc  materials  will work  well  you asked  how to do this is simply clean up loose concrete and sand etc mix the concremete and trowel  out over the ground and smooth it off.  Pre spritz the concrete  well before concretmate application for best bonding old  with new.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects