Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to level concrete?

terrycarey
Finding My Feet

How to level concrete?

IMG_2536.jpeg

Hi my first post I have just laid concrete

on a pad about one square meter.

i did not mix enough concrete and resulted in in a few dips here and there.

i used a bag of Danci concrete leveller.

i believed I had used enough leveller but again fell short.

i could leave it but the rain made me realise I need to bring up the level to ensure the water runs off.

Q MY QUESTION IS THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE THAT I COULD USE TO RAISE THE LEVEL.

sorry dragged on a bit hopefully you can understand

regards to to you all

Teeey

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: concrete leveller

Hi @terrycarey 

Your doing  all the right things  :smile:

You simply need more cement.

If you need 20mm  plus more cement  use a sand and cement mix it will save you money.

you already know how much you gain with Danci concrete leveller so if  it is only 5mm go  with that.

A cheaper option is below it may handle thinner applications.  ok to mix  with some sand as a filler what  ever you need. But not self  leveling.

Australian Builders 20kg High Strength Concrete

I/N: 0432674

$9.83

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @terrycarey. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about levelling concrete.

@Jewelleryrescue has hit the nail on the head there. You've done all the hard work; now you just need a thin coat across the top to remove those dips and add the runoff. I'd agree with the suggestion to use Australian Builders 20kg High Strength Concrete if there is, say, 25mm+ of height needing to be added. However, if it's more like 5mm, I'd go with a construction grout as it's stronger in thinner layers. With a self-leveller, you'll have difficulty adding the slope for drainage as it will want to level itself instead.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi

i MitchellMc

thankyou I will take your advise and let you know how I get on

regards Terry

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects