Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to jazz up a concrete garden path and driveway?

hihollyhigh
Just Starting Out

How to jazz up a concrete garden path and driveway?

Hi all,

I’m looking for inspiration and guidance on jazzing up this 1990s era “storybook cottage”. Currently has a concrete path and driveway that look tired. I’d like to make it more story-book-ish, in line with original architecture. Like a cobblestone effect on the concrete. Can I do that with a stencil? Any ideas? IMG_3302.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to jazz up a concrete garden path and driveway?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hihollyhigh. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about improving the look of a pathway.

In all honesty, using a stencil to create a cobblestone-look in my opinion could drastically compromise the entrance to your property. Some people might be fond of that look, but it certainly falls far short of being convincing. An actual cobblestone path would look AMAZING, but obviously could be cost-prohibitive. 

What about pebbles or gravel? You could quite easily install edging along the path/driveway to retain the pebbles and add them over the top of the concrete. If you purchase a bulk delivery, which we can order from our supplier ANL, it would be quite a budget-friendly project.

Another thought: perhaps you could hire a concrete saw and cut sections out of the concrete to add interest. Those can be filled with soil and dwarf mondo grass planted.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects