Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to increase pressure on automatic sprinkler system?

bilal4190
Finding My Feet

How to increase pressure on automatic sprinkler system?

hey guys. 
just started the DIY irrigation system. The water pressure is very poor. Attached is the picture of the yard to get the idea of the size it’s just the back yard I got same size of front yard I haven’t touched. The setup is for 15 sprinklers. 

My setup: 

25mm poly pipes 

1000L water tank 

k1 k rain water sprinklers 

water pump (picture attached) 

what else do I need to build pressure. It only sprays water till 3 feet. I have tried adjusting the water pressure gauge but still no results. 

thank you 

IMG_4007.jpeg

IMG_4008.jpeg

IMG_4009.png

   

  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to increase pressure on automatic sprinkler system?

Sorry to see you've having trouble with your new watering system @bilal4190. I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts will be more than happy to assist. Let me also tag some other experienced members to see if they might have any thoughts: @JacobZ95@TheSaltyreefer@JDE@tom_builds.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and trust you'll get plenty of help and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our clever and creative members. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a new project to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bilal4190 

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your pump set-up? This will give our members a chance to assess your pump. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

The pump that you have is the Ozito 800W Constant Pressure Pump. It is rated at 3,600L/H so if you have a 1000 litre tank it will drain it in just 17 minutes. Unless it was typo error, and you have a 10,000-litre tank. If that is the case, it's possible that air might be trapped in the priming tank of the pump.

I propose turning your pump off and filling the priming tank and restarting the pump. If you still have low water pressure there might be a blockage in the inlet pipe. I recommend double checking your connections and see if there might have been an accidental leak somewhere in your irrigation system.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Thank you very much . 
yes it was a typo. And I have refilled the pump 
Some progress has happened since i posted. The tap and the timer was not rated for the pressure coming out of the pump and it restricted the flow I  have attached the straight pipe to the sprinklers they were perfect. 
now the next Step is what kinda tap is recommended that does not restrict the flow also what’s kind of solenoid valve should I put . ? 

thank you 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bilal4190 

If you've connected your pump directly to the tank all you need is a controller that can handle the amount of water coming out of the pump. Your Ozito pump has an electronic flow switch that senses pressure change in the system. If water is stopped at the outlet, the pump will notice this pressure change and stop.

When the outlet opens again the computer will notice this change and turn itself on. The only timer I saw that might work for you is the Rain Bird Single Outlet Digital Tap Timer. However, I'm not sure if it will be able to handle 15 sprinklers. 

In regards to an outlet tap, I suggest using an ordinary Kinetic 15mm Brass Garden Tap. This should be more than adequate and will be able to handle the pressure coming out of the pump.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects