Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix hole in brick wall?

NoraNguyen
Finding My Feet

How to fix hole in brick wall?

IMG_2430.jpeg

 Could anyone show me how to fix that hole? Thanks

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to fix hole on brick wall?

Afternoon @NoraNguyen 

First up a warm welcome to the Bunnings community pages :smile: Lots of information in here and so many differant ways to do it!

Looks like someone has already fixed the hole? Maybe for whatever was there before.  Two ways I can think of repairing the hole -

- Find a brick the same colouring and cut it with a brick concrete disk on a grinder. Then fix it in the hole with some Mortafil to match what you have.

or

- Find the same style of brick that is in the wall and then remove that smaller cut bricj and replace it with the same mortafill as above.

Both ways it may be an idea to remove that timber trim if possible before you remove the brick/mortar.  I just had a look at what the easiest way to remove existing bricks and came across this "The most efficient way is to drill holes into the mortar, ensuring they're close together to save you hacking away at it later on. Once you've drilled holes all across the brick, use a hammer and chisel to chip away at the mortar." 

Id def try the drill holes in the mortar and see if you can wiggle the existing brick out, worst case you follow the other path and drill then chisel out the smaller brick.

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix hole on brick wall?

Hello @NoraNguyen 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your brick wall.

That's a spot-on recommendation coming from @Dave-1. I suggest looking around your back yard or shed just in case you have some leftover bricks that were used for your wall. If there is one whole piece left, I suggest giving it a thorough wash before using it to repair your wall. I recommend testing for size before you commit to cutting the brick.

I'm in agreement with Dave-1 regarding the use of Mortafil, it comes in many colours and is perfect for small repair jobs such as this.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects