Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix damaged Teak chair?

Garden_Rookie
Getting Established

How to fix damaged Teak chair?

Hi Community! 

Hope all is well. 

This may be a simple question but I am new to fixing things myself (learning alot here).

I have a damaged wooden chair (teak wood) due to my dog biting it (picture attached) 

Can I please ask what the best way to fix this is? Should I sand it down? 

What tools would you recommend for this?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Rookie

20240204_182232.jpg

20240204_182238.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix damaged Teak chair?

Hello @Garden_Rookie 

This should be a relatively easy D.I.Y. fix for you. I propose using Flexovit 115mm x 1m 240 Grit Painted Surface Sandpaper Roll in combination with Paint Partner Cork Sanding Block. The purpose of the sanding block is to prevent creating waves or uneven depressions on the timber surface. 

The sanding block will leave a nice even surface to fill. Once the surface is nice and flat again. I recommend using Timbermate Wood Filler. It comes in various colour so please look carefully when matching your timber finish. Fill the damage with filler and wait for it to cure.

Once the filler has cured, you can then sand it down until it is nice and flat once again. Wipe the legs free of sanding dust and debris. You can then spray the leg with a clear sealer such as Dulux 325g Duramax Matt Clear Coat Spray Paint

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when working on your project.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for the comprehensive response.  I will give this a go.  

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated @Garden_Rookie and please reach out if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects