Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix bubbling outdoor wall paint?

Goldy
Getting Established

How to fix bubbling outdoor wall paint?

I have painted my outdoor walls with Dulux paints from Bunnings. I have some stains on wall so I put stain blocker from Zinsser. But after few months white spot are showing back then bubbles comes out of wall with water in it and white things Start flowing downwards. Please help what to do to fix it.

IMG20221109180436.jpg

IMG20221109180352.jpg

IMG20221109180406.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor Wall Paint

Hi @Goldy,

The simplest explanation is that you have moisture in the structure, and it's trying to force its way out. This is a little concerning since it's trying to permeate through the paint and also likely trying to find a way out at the rear of the columns on the house side.

I'd imagine the moisture is entering the facade at the top. Can you get up there and take a picture of the top section? I'd imagine that the top of the facade is compromised with a crack, and sitting water on the flat surface is finding its way down into the wall. 

I'd be keen to see some images from above so I can further help with addressing this issue.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects