Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach shade cloth from Colorbond fence to patio roof in a rental?

diannezanetti
Getting Established

How to attach shade cloth from Colorbond fence to patio roof in a rental?

IMG_6394.jpg              IMG_6395.jpg   

I saw a project a while back which used some sort of clips to attach shade cloth to fence and patio roof; but, I haven't been able to find it again.

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to attach shade cloth from Colorbond fence to patio roof in a rental?

Hello @diannezanetti,

Many thanks for your question about attaching a shade cloth. Great to see you posting for the first time since joining us. Hope you've been finding the Workshop community a great place for inspiring D.I.Y ideas and handy tips and tricks. 

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be back on the site tomorrow and will be happy to assist with how to attach a shade cloth from your fence to patio roof. In the meantime, it would be great if you could share any pictures of the fence and roof. This will help us get a better idea of what we're working with and enable us to assist you better.

Thanks 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

IMG_6394.jpg              IMG_6395.jpg   

I saw a project a while back which used some sort of clips to attach shade cloth to fence and patio roof; but, I haven't been able to find it again.

Hi @diannezanetti. Was this discussion the one you were thinking of?

Brad

No. It was attaching shade cloth using clips to fence and to patio roof - no framing of the shade cloth or any other work involved. 

The discussion I saw could've been a year ago or even longer.

Hi @diannezanetti,

Was it this kind of shadecloth clip that you were interested in? Other mounting options are mentioned in the discussion @BradN has linked to above.

Did you have any questions regarding mounting your shadecloth that we could assist you with?

Mitchell

I have no idea what clips were used or how the shade cloth was measured or any details - I just recall seeing a post and thinking it was what I need to do to prevent my hanging basket plants from burning over the summer months. Last year I just relocated them - this year I was hoping to get shadecloth attached to protect them.  

I'm not wanting a shade sail or a permanent fixture, just to attach shade cloth to fence and patio roof in a simple way that can be removed it in winter when additional light is needed for rooms off the patio.    

Looking back over when I first joined - I liked something in February this year and it might have been then I saw the discussion of a way this was done.

Let us know if you come across the discussion again, @diannezanetti. If you remember any other details on the project, it would assist our members in locating the discussion you're referencing. So that you know, if you come across a discussion that you'd like to come back to in the future you can bookmark it and it will then be saved on your profile.

The clips I've linked above are just about the easiest option when it comes to attaching shade cloth. I suspect it would have been something like that used in the discussion you saw.

Let us know if we can assist further with your project or have questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects