Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill gap between paving and fence?

Rebbler231
Finding My Feet

How to fill gap between paving and fence?

Hi,

I had new colourbond fence installed and there is a gap ranging from 10mm to 45mm between the paving.

I don't want the paving to move or shift and unsure of the best way to do this.

It is the dead side of the house so doesn't need to be too pretty.  Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

1000015124.jpg

1000015122.jpg

  

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to fill gap between paving and fence?

Hi @Rebbler231 

Thats  an easy  question  buy some bags  of pretty stones  or  plain  blue metal   rocks and fill the gap. Its great  to see you already have a  strip of material to hold your stones in so they dont flood next door.

Other wise  just use sand as its cheaper.  Rocks wont harbour as  many weeds.

Thanks very much. I wasn't too sure if rocks would be strong enough to make sure the pavers don't move.  The fence person told me to concrete it.

Will pop into Bunnings today to get the stones.

Hi @Rebbler231 

Stones  plenty strong and cement is a major pain come fence replacment time i have being there lol.  Stones will let water  drain fast too,

A smaller stone about 10mm -20 mm  will pour in easyier as that gap only 30 mm not much room.

Wonderful thanks. Stones will be much easier for me to do aswell.

It is sensational to see that @Jewelleryrescue has provided a solution @Rebbler231. A big welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community from me.

Adding pebbles sounds like a good idea as if a concrete edge were to be added, that should have really been done before laying the paying as you can't pour one up against a fence like that. Paving shouldn't typically move around if it's been bedded correctly, but the stones along the side will help stop it shifting over the years.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects