Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to create a screen with lattice panels?

diyallday
Getting Established

How to create a screen with lattice panels?

Hi,

I'd like to join 5 of these Framed Lattice Panels to form a screen:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/lattice-makers-1800-x-600mm-diagonal-framed-lattice-panel_p0154533

They will be upright.

Could you please recommend a bracket or other device for a sturdy connection?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to create a screen with lattice panels?

Hello @diyallday 

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about creating a screen with lattice panels.

Can you please tell us a little bit more about how you'll be positioning the lattice panels? Will they be screwed onto a post once they are together? Will they need to be free standing? Is it for inside or outside the house? Does it need to be movable. Once you tell us a bit more about your plans, we'll be able to offer more recommendations.

Joining them together is relatively easy, I suggest using 42 x 18mm 5.4m H3 Treated Pine FJ DAR Primed LOSP if being used outside. Screw the lattice panels in a row on top of the timber and place a second piece at the bottom to hold all the panels together. But it all depends on how it will be installed or configured.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
diyallday
Getting Established

Thanks for this, Eric.

They will be outdoors, with the end pieces screwed to a post. Because the lattice is framed, I was hoping an angle bracket similar to:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/carinya-240-x-75-x-50-x-3-5mm-zinc-plated-angle-bracket-single_p0046890

could be screwed into the corners of each lattice to join them together, but even with the frames I'm still not sure it would hold against wind gusts.

You're right, I should connect them to horizontal posts to be resistant to strong weather.

Barry

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @diyallday 

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the area where you are planning to install the lattice panels? This will give our members a chance to assess the location. We can then make recommendations on the best possible set up for your screen.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects