Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect End Cap to male end of EasyDRAIN Standard Channel drain?

JimmyB
Just Starting Out

How to connect End Cap to male end of EasyDRAIN Standard Channel drain?

Hi, I am installing a channel drain and using the EasyDRAIN Standard Channel that has a female and male end. I have installed a few connected to a slim pit which has all female ends so the male end of the Channel easily connects.

The product claims to use a 'click-together' system. The female end has grooves that the tabs of the End Cap can 'click-together'. 

The instructions state to use a converter to connect the End Cap to the male end, however, the male end of a Channel has tabs like the End Cap cap so they will not 'click-together'. I'm not sure how to securely connect the End Cap to the male end.

Could you please further advice on how to attach the End Cap to the male end.

ConverterConverterEnd CapEnd CapFemale EndFemale EndFemale End GroovesFemale End GroovesMale EndMale End

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect End Cap to male end of EasyDRAIN Standard Channel drain?

Hello @JimmyB 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about EasyDRAIN.

I believe the converter does not require the click-together system as the tabs on end cap serve as a lock fit system. The little tabs serve to wedge the cap in place preventing it from being pulled out.

However, allow me to make some inquiries with our supplier. As soon as I get more information, I'll get back to you. s

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know. 

Eric 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JimmyB
Just Starting Out

Thanks Eric,

I agree the converter must wedge the End Cap rather than clicking together based on the design.

My concern is I cannot make a secure connection and the End Cap comes out easily.

Any advice to ensure to connection is correct and secure would be appreciated.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JimmyB,

Silicone is used to seal this joint as the click-together function doesn't operate when using the converter. As it's an end cap, it doesn't experience any movement stresses, unlike the joints between lengths of EasyDRAIN, so the click function isn't required; it just needs to be sealed to stop leaks.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects