Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to choose dog fencing?

ssharma
Just Starting Out

How to choose dog fencing?

Hi Everyone, I need help to find the right fence to separate dogs area and our area in the backyard. We don’t have concrete flooring so we are not sure what we can go for. Can someone plz help

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Trying to find a fence

Hi @ssharma 

How  big are the dogs  can they jump?  

Try  some   dog  fencing and steel posts and you might need like tent pegs to pin the bottom of the fnce to the ground as dogs are smart and will learn to lift fence wire,

Longyard 120cm x 30m Heavy Duty Wire Mesh Dog Fence I/N: 0066709 $119

Longyard 180cm 1.7kg/m Black Steel Fence Post - 10 Pack I/N: 0066693 $95

You will need to buy some wire to tie the fence to the  steel stakes.

Tools you need  hammer pliers gloves

Try this for now if you dogs cant jump 1.2 meters

Merry Xmas

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Trying to find a fence

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ssharma. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about dog fencing.

@Jewelleryrescue has provided some great suggestions for functional fencing. If this is a permanent installation, you might also like to look for more aesthetically pleasing options. If the dog is small, then these SpecRite 1800 x 902mm Pre-Oiled Merbau Alternating Slat Fence Panels on their side might be tall enough and they'd look great. Concreting in some Merbau posts in between each panel will allow you to fix the panels in position.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to choose dog fencing?

Hi @ssharma,

Hope all is well and the advice you received about a proposed fence was helpful. 

Do you need further assistance? We'd be happy to help. We'd also love to get updates if you've made progress with a new fence. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects