Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cart firewood uphill?

ireneburrows
Growing in Experience

How to cart firewood uphill?

making an uphill pulley to bring firewood 100mtrs uphill. I'm an old lady can't carry it up

ireneburrows
Growing in Experience

Re: How to cart firewood uphill?

Yes this post is really developing.  Great,  lots of good ideas.  The Gorilla 115L dump truck certainly seems to be the way to go and your idea of a double pulley to help with that seems good.  I'll try to load pictures by tomorrow.  Just having trouble with phone storage,  the extra I added dosent't seem to have worked.  I'll need to get help at my computer class.  

Irene

ireneburrows
Growing in Experience

20240307_121051.jpg20240307_121103.jpg20240307_121107.jpg20240307_121111.jpg20240307_121135.jpg

Hope these pictures help.  the second one is not part of the route,  I was doing a circular thing to give an idea of the length of the area

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @ireneburrows 

Ohhhh "The Little cart that could" :smile: Gorilla Carts 115L Poly Dump Cart  Would work perfectly!

Mow the track you want and it would be even smoother or aftera few paths back and fourth it would be the same. Seriously there is a huge difference between the cart and a wheelbarrow. I was surpprised by how much.

Thanks for the pics, Its a lot easier to picture now. 

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ireneburrows 

Thanks for sharing those extra photos of your hill. I agree with @Dave-1's recommendation to create a track to make it easier to pull the trolley. You'll be surprised how much easier it will be to pull the trolley over a flat surface.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ireneburrows
Growing in Experience

Thanks for all of your very helpful suggestions.  This project won't be happening tomorrow but when it is completed I will post photos

We can't wait to see @ireneburrows. Please keep us updated.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects