Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build cat netting enclosures?

pmaci
Just Starting Out

How to build cat netting enclosures?

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: cat netting enclosures

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @pmaci. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for showing us the area in which you intend to build a cat enclosure.

If you could provide more details about the size and style of enclosure you wish to build, our knowledgeable members would be better placed to offer useful suggestions. Did you want to enclose the whole area from the top of the fence to the house fascia with netting or construct a standalone structure with netted sides? Bird netting could be an effective way to enclose the area as it is lightweight, tough and able to be stretched tightly across the area.

Here are some previous topics that you could take inspiration from:

Once we have further details of your project, we'll be able to assist with any questions you have.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
pmaci
Just Starting Out

diy cat enclosure 12metre length x 2 metre enclosure from gutter to fence

DIY cat enclosure with zip door

12 metre length

x 2 metre width 

cat door installed on fixed Panal laundry side 

image.jpg

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: diy cat enclosure 12metre length x 2 metre enclosure from gutter to fence

Hi @pmaci,

Were you looking to construct a solid frame in this area and cover it with wire netting, or did the bird netting sound as if it might work better? Did you have a look at those discussions I linked above?

I am unaware of any zip-style doors that are designed for cat enclosures. If you were to build a timber frame and doorway for the enclosure, you could use a Monarch 2.4 x 1m Domestic Zip Door Domestic for the opening. Instead of the Zip door, you might find using the existing pool fence and gate easiest. Wire mesh could prevent the cat from squeezing through the bars.

To enclose the top, bird netting is going to be the easiest option unless you'd like to make a solid timber-framed roof. The netting can be attached to the top of the fence and stretched across to the eaves. It can then be affixed to the brick wall above the garage door and the pool fence.

If you could let our helpful members know your questions about the build, I'm sure they'll have plenty of advice.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects