Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add downpipes to rainwater tanks?

Gayleis
Finding My Feet

How to add downpipes to rainwater tanks?

I can’t get someone to put gutter downpipes to my raintanks, or the taps and overflows, so I have to try and do them. (I’m at Curramulka Yorke Peninsula if anyone can do them!)

I googled how to do the taps but I’m scared I’ll muck it up. Advice would be appreciated!

I have old metal square downpipes. , 70x70.

E3A862B3-B708-447B-A819-0C4D69729AB0.jpeg

E4C0F7F3-4382-4025-A1C3-249BFEDEC37D.jpeg

9A63D4A3-F57F-4E2E-AC90-22EFAC8B3B70.jpeg

09073C77-5C19-4668-BC77-DAF94EF5919B.jpeg

F1110B1B-1383-440D-BB76-EBC99CB0A018.jpeg

I can’t find this size, so trying to learn how to change them.

There are 2 large tanks on a stone stand. They need to be joined by a pipe so water fills both and will have one downpipe to feed into the closest tank. It used to have a metal one, spanning 5m without support, from the house. Not sure poly can do that.

I also have a 5000L tank on a stand at the house, and a tank at the side on the house for the Orchard at ground level, 3m from the house. There is 2 gutter downpipe above another here. One used to go around the corner to the house tank. Wondering if I could join them together to go to Orchard tank.

I’d like to add a flush pipe to them also. No clue what I’m doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: How to add downpipes to rainwater tanks?

I can’t even get someone out to do the estimate! 🤷‍♀️

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'm so sorry to hear that @Gayleis. Have you tried services such as Airtasker or hipages? They might provide some access to trades other than what you've found already.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I’ll try that MitchellMc, thank you!

Gayleis
Finding My Feet

Tanks for the help everyone! Appreciate it

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects