Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How are you spending Grand Final day?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's a massive weekend for footy fans, with the AFL and NRL Grand Finals. Both feel extra special this year with long-suffering underdogs finally having a chance at glory.

The games also provide a great excuse to get together with friends and family, often sharing a drink or two around the barbecue as well as the television.

There's also the bonus of a long weekend for much of the country, so there's also plenty of time to knock off a project around the house and garden.

And do you have any special projects planned?

Jason 

BBQ.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: How are you spending Grand Final day?

It will be low-key with the extended family. Not sure whether it will be a BBQ or pies as yet... Or both! We will be barracking for the Bulldogs.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here's a couple of handy barbecue tips to make sure you are prepared for the big day....

Goldmember
Having an Impact

With a beer in hand.

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Child free :smile:
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

To all those about to enjoy a long weekend, I hope you have a happy and safe break.

Let us know if you plan to get stuck into any projects around the house and garden. 

And like last year, it would be great if you could share your plans for Grand Final day if you plan on having a big one.

Jason 

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Beers and BBQ all round for us!

Depending how I feel I might dig up the grass along one side of my driveway to get some plants in making it look a bit nicer and put a discrete divide between our house and the neighbours.

Keen to knock up a couple of things made of wood too so will see how I go :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

For the long weekend this year, we decided to escape the city and have a short break with friends down at the beach. Turns out it was an inspired decision to escape. Especially if Collingwood win!

What are your plans for the upcoming weekend?

Jason

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Jason I'll be cooking up a storm, handing out free samples to a bunch of hungry customers. I did marinated chicken wings last weekend which turned out a treat in the Jumbuck hooded 4 Burner. This weekend I think I may take it up a notch and throw on a rotisserie, doing a roast in it, with some roast pork rolls and gravy. Yum!!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Sounds delicious @MitchellM.

You might like to give @Walter some rotisserie tips here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Hooded-Barbecues-Rotisserie-ideas-and-recommendations/m-p/209...

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects