Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Front yard renovation

LaCasaDIY
Having an Impact

Front yard renovation

A facade to match our very popular Mediterranean inspired renovation project on Bunnings Workshop.
Planter boxes and walkway from fence to porch was created using travertine pavers and pebbles.
The arbor was built for a grand entrance, also to keep the harsh western sun out. Slats installed in an angle for shade. 
Front door sanded and sealed with wax to match the porch pillar cladding and added a digital lock.
Rendered walls were painted white and we added stone mosaic tiles to the wall opposite the porch pillar.
The renovation came together by laying synthetic turf. We are in love!

20230825_141259-01.jpeg20230825_141447-01.jpeg20210828_145756-01.jpeg20210829_134017-01 (2).jpeg20211013_155627-01 (1).jpeg20210827_175135-01 (2).jpeg20210827_175026-01 (2).jpeg20210829_133928-01 (2).jpeg20231107_170754-01.jpeg20231107_170823-01.jpeg

Materials

Tiles - Duratile 60 x 60cm Terrazzo

Classic Porcelain Floor Tile - Carton 3

$25.92 per carton

Dulux 4L Exterior Paint

Weathershield Low Sheen Vivid White

$88.50

115 x 115mm 3.0m Post F7 Cypress DAR $104.17

610 x 406 x 30mm Travertine Natural Stone Paver $26.99

Jack 2-6mm 10Kg White Decorative Pebble Chips $16.30

200 x 50mm 2.4 Treated Pine Sleeper H4 $18.00

Cabot's 4L Deck and Exterior Merbau Oil Based Timber Stain $111.00

Arlec LED Solar Fence Light 4 Pack $19.98 (Used on plantar boxes to light walkway)

The post lights I think may have been deleted as I can't find them.

Orion Grid Connect Smart Wi-Fi Entrance Lock $198.00

Tools

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Front yard renovation

Fabulous work @LaCasaDIY! You must be so very pleased with the results as they are amazing!

I love that you've designed the front of your property to compliment the rear, as I'm sure there's now a harmonious flow through the home. Do you have any Mediterranean-styled plans for the interior?

Great work, and many thanks for sharing another inspirational project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Afternoon @LaCasaDIY 

Looking at your project makes me feel like on a relaxing holiday! Serious love the abor? trellis :smile: It brings a relaxed feeling to your place! 

The street number idea is going into my ideas for my house for sure :smile:

The boxes up the pathway really work, It leads you to the doorway.

Only one question I have, well a workmate and I have lol Is the grass real or fake? He says real I was saying fake but the more I look at it the more real it looks?

Dave

Hi Mitchell.

The inside of my house is also in the same style. The Kitchen will be having a renovation hopefully in February. Can't Wait to share our reno with you all.😀

Hi Dave

Thank you for your feedback. The lawn is synthetic turf. Very realistic. 😊

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

@LaCasaDIY  Absolutely amazing and so interesting. I love the pathway. Love it 😃🪴

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Morning @LaCasaDIY 

hahahah when I told my mate what the grass was he said "no way" lol :smile: It does look good, good enough tocause a heated discussion! :smile:

Dave

WayneM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Lovely work @LaCasaDIY.

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

You've provided such wonderful pictures that have attracted almost 3,300 views. Due to your project's popularity, we are interested in turning it into a Featured Project.

Are you able to share how you went about your project, as I'm sure this would be of great assistance to our community members?

It would also be great if you could share any other tips or lessons learned during your project that would assist others attempting a similar project. 

Many thanks,

Wayne

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Wayne

Thank you so much for making our Front Yard Renovation a Featured Project! We are grateful & chuffed that so many members have viewed and love our project. I will add a few more tips & tricks to the description soon. Thank you once again and I hope our projects assist others in doing their own DIY's :smile:

Hi again,

I am not sure how I can update my post. Please help! 😕 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects