Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cubby house flooring ideas wanted

Shani22
Finding My Feet

Cubby house flooring ideas wanted

Hello,

We are getting a pre fabricated cubby house for our Bubs for Christmas. It is ground level and does not have a floor. We are going to put it on concrete but I’m wondering whether we should be creating a floor? We do not want to build deck or frame for the floor. The cubby is for a 1 and 4 year old so something softer than concrete would be ideal. We want to furnish with a wooden kitchen and wooden storage. My husband was going to add bits of wood onto the furniture to raise the from the ground so they don’t rot when it rains but I’m wondering if there are simple flooring alternatives please?

Thank you for your help! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cubby House flooring ideas

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Shani22. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cubby house flooring.

I'd be looking at these Swing Slide Climb 1 x 1m Grey Rubber Play Pavers. They are durable, soft underfoot, will raise everything nicely above the concrete, should outlast the cubby and would only take a few cut to size to do the whole floor. We also have the Eva 50 x 50cm Black Solid Interlock Foam Mats, which are less durable and squishier underfoot.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey @MitchellMc  @Shani22 

I second the interlock foam mats.

We had them in the cubby house, and could put them outside as well for a bit of a run around.

When my grandson outgrew the cubby house (very quickly), I moved the foam mats into the shed, where they cover the concrete nicely.

I'll add that those interlock foam mats are perfect for stopping vibrations on my 3d Printer bed.

There are so many uses for them, it's amazing.

Thank you so much! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects