Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cat Enclosure Update

Chrissie35
Budding Contributor

Cat Enclosure Update

In October last year I told you of the Cat Enclosure I was wanting to build - my very first project at the age of 59 !! 

It took me a month to complete , totally on my own. 

It has , over the top , part cat max and part shadecloth so the cats can chose sun ir shade and there is also a cat door so they can come and go as they please . Thete is a full length U Zip so I can go in and out through the back if needed.  I am about to add a clear Tarp over the top so the cats can still go out there when it is raining and I will remove this again when summer returns . I have my 2 chairs out there also and enjoy sitting out there having a cuppa or reading and have lunch out there often with friends . I never sat out there in the last 20 years !! Bunnings staff were fantastic in cutting most of the wood to my measurements and also for their advice when needed . 

I am extremely happy with the result and my Cats LOVE it . 

I have added a couple of photos .20190506_231518.jpg

Screenshot_20190506-231426_Gallery.jpg

KatieBee

Re: Cat Enclosure Update

I love this, well done! There is a cat enclosures Western Australia page on FB. It would be great if you can share your photos on it.
Chrissie35
Budding Contributor

Thank You Katie,  

I didn't know about that Group on Facebook .

I have just joined the Group and will post my Enclosure on their site .

Many Thanks,  Chris 

Kermit
Trusted Contributor

Well done @Chrissie35 

Always great to see people giving something a crack and improving their home. You should feel proud!

Chrissie35
Budding Contributor

Chrissie35
Budding Contributor

Thank You Kermit  , that is very nice .

I have to give it a go ,as there is no one to help .

The worst that can happen is to have to try again .

The best is to try and succeed , and then that gives you the confidence to try something else .

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects