Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best product to fill gaps between house and pavers?

dezbuster
Just Starting Out

Best product to fill gaps between house and pavers?

Hello,

I have attached 2 photos

One is showing a gap between the outdoor paving and the house. The width of the gap varies between about 5 and 10 mm. The base is sand approx 5mm below the level of the pavers.

The other photo shows smaller gaps between the pavers and a stone retaining wall. The gaps here are from 1 or 2 mm to around 5 depending on location. I need to fill these to stop soil leaking out the bottom of the retaining wall when we water small plants on the top of the retaining wall. so I need a product to bond to the small gap/s between pavers and the wall.

Any help with either or both of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank youpavers to housepavers to housepavers to retaining wallpavers to retaining wall

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Best product to fill gaps between house and pavers

Hi @dezbuster 

Try the following.

Under the step you will need a plastic smoother in the paint department or some  old card board  will work to as long as you have a straight smooth egde to smooth and level sealant along the under step  gap.  You may want to mask tape the  edges to do a good job more quickly.

You may need 2 tubes anda caulking gun to do more area too.

Filling the pavers and  retaining wall will be more easy  than the under step. Make sure the  sealant goes in nice and deep into the joins.

Selleys 415g Brick And Concrete Sealant

$16.50

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Best product to fill gaps between house and pavers?

Hello @dezbuster 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about filling the gaps between your house and pavers.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jewelleryrescue

Please make sure that there is enough space for the sealant to sit in, placing it directly over a flat surface will not provide a good positive seal. 

I also recommend giving the surface a good clean with your garden hose and a stiff bristle brush. Make sure that the soil and paver are totally dry before you apply the sealer.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects