Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard eko decking

vipulgoswami
Growing in Experience

Backyard eko decking

15896093419606476769171930020867.jpg

1589609360120340027270339334505.jpg

 its 4 mtr flat concrete and 4  mtr or nearly flat soil floor

Hi Guys, I don't have much knowledge about decking and without much handiman knowledge. I wants to build a eko deck in my alfresco and backyard, with the width 4.3 mtr and length 7.5 mtr, my question is is it easy to build deck by buying decking kit from Bunnings?

Re: Backyard eko decking

Hi @vipulgoswami.

It will certainly add a functional element to your decking project.

Would you like some assistance in building the bench at the end of the deck and are there any particular questions you had in regards to the process?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc MitchellMc,

I would love to get assistance.

Did you plan on building the frames and constructing the seating yourself @vipulgoswami

You would need to construct frames to suit the sizing you require for the benches out of H3 treated pine timber. If you can provide a drawing of what you had in mind I can assist in helping to plan the frame which will be required. Once you have constructed all the frames you will need to cut decking timber to size and clad the frames with it.

It is a reasonably straight forward process, although there will be a lot of cutting timber and joining it together in various forms.

Mitchell

HI @MitchellMc 

I haven't got a plan, but I know what I want. I want the bench at end of the deck, so it will be 4 mtr by 4 mtr in length with corner attached.

Can I make it with eko deck?

Can you help me plan the frame?

I've put together a basic plan of what the frame should look like @vipulgoswami. You'll be constructing it from 90 x 45 treated pine and creating a series of 50cm x 50cm square frames joining them with horizontal beams. The decking is then screwed on top of the frames. This is just the basic principle and the sizing is up to you.

You can certainly use Eko-deck on top of the frame, but you will need framing timber to construct the frame itself.

I hope this assists.

Mitchell

Hi @MitchellMc 

this looks similar to what I want, I am planning to have storage in it as well.

Once i get the precise dimensions, can I ask you or guys in Bunnings to cut the material for me? 

I'm glad the plan is similar to what you want @vipulgoswami.

If you take measurements of all the pieces you require into a Bunnings store there is a cut to measure service available.

Mitchell

Hi @MitchellMc 

That's great, will they advise me which timber I need to use and other material as well?

can you suggest me Eko deck kit that will suit my dimensions which are now I made little bit extension 5 mtr by 7.5 mtr

Regards,

Vipul Goswami 

@vipulgoswami,

You'll be using H3 treated pine for the frames and the team in-store can also advise on other materials.

As we mentioned before, Eko-deck kits come in pre-manufactured sizes available to view here. I'll be more than happy tomorrow to call Good Times the manufacturer and ask if they do custom sizes.

I'll let you know what options are available.

Mitchell

Hi @MitchellMc 

Perfect.

Thanks

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects