Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Adding colour to a dull fence panel

Jimi
Making a Splash

Adding colour to a dull fence panel

I had a dull fence panel next to my shed which my daughter's bedroom looked out to, and I have thought about it for a while and settled for some greenery. Rustic fence panels would have also worked, but we wanted some colour and we opted for Mandevilla's that will grow in time to create a luscious wall of green and pink. A quick repaint of the fence and this project was complete in less than an hour.

All purchased via a quick stop to Bunnings - Mandevilla x2, potting mix and scoria, rectangle pot, garden mesh.

IMG_20230226_180710.jpg

IMG_20221229_105016.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Adding colour to a dull fence panel

Hello @Jimi 

Thank you very much for sharing the details of your fence revamp. Adding a bit of green is always a good idea and is definitely a much better view than a dull lifeless fence.  Given enough time the Mandevillas will be all over that garden mesh. 

My number one tip is to make sure to train the Mandevilla branches using Garden Wire so that the entire mesh is covered and not just concentrated into one area. 

Again, thank you for sharing your wonderful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Adding colour to a dull fence panel

Hi @Jimi,

What a great weekend project that will have growing appeal! I am sure your daughter appreciates the refreshed colour and mandevillas from her window. I would love to see an updated photo once the flowers have climbed their way up the fence. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects