Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wainscoting for living room

HarrietArthur
Building a Reputation

Wainscoting for living room

With my father’s help, we measured out the length of the walls and how large the areas of wainscoting would need to be to sit well in the room. We cut the pieces of moulding with a mitre box to create the corners. The moulding was fixed with glue and secured with a nail gun before that section of the room was painted.

Materials

Pine moulding

liquid nails

paint 

Tools

nail gun

saw

mitre box

Steps

Step 1

Measure the length of the walls, work out size of panels required.

BC50B3D2-16DF-4A9C-B38E-0BE377E2CC88.png

Step 2

C7973375-77B5-40CF-B1AE-F6780693E089.png

Measure out the pine moulding and cut lengths with a saw and mitre box, attach to the wall with liquid nails and then fix with nail gun.

1975B70D-BBF7-4AE0-8D88-B53AD48276BB.png

Step 3

Paint the wall.

484FFCCF-0052-4DE6-94E6-CB2FE5561A66.png

6A06507B-475A-4E5F-A959-FE0E35C38E66.png

homeinmelbourne
Becoming a Leader

Re: wainscoting Elegance and Fun

Well done on your amazing wainscoting project @HarrietArthur !

I love the colour you’ve chosen for your wainscoting. It goes perfectly with your colourful entertainment locker unit. What a beautiful space you’ve created!

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Wainscoting for living room

Hello @HarrietArthur,

I agree with @homeinmelbourne. You've created a bright and lovely entertainment space. Your feature wall is beautiful and the paint colour you have chosen complements your colourful locker unit so well!

Looking at this and the fence mural project you shared earlier, I can tell you've got a knack for painting and using bold colours. How did you go about choosing the colours for this room? And any words of advice for someone looking to do a wainscoting project? 

Congratulations on this project once again and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects