Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Suggestions wanted for raw cabinet doors

Farhana
Getting Established

Suggestions wanted for raw cabinet doors

Hello all

we want to make a bookshelf with cabinet. We were thinking to buy cabinet doors from ikea like the picture which is already painted. But my husband is saying we have to repaint those doors to match with the rest of the shelf. So I am not sure if the ikea door are repaint-able or not. So should we go for raw doors? Where can I get similar raw cabinet doors, if the answer is yes. Attached is the pic of the door. Thanks 

08C6CC7D-32C2-46CA-BB0E-D3721E57E9A2.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: cabinet door paint

Hello @Farhana

The equivalent doors at the store are the Kaboodle Raw Boards, they come unpainted and you can paint them in any colour you like. These doors will fit into any standard Kaboodle cabinet. But can you please tell me if you are attaching them to an existing cabinet or a new cabinet? Will you be building the bookshelf cabinet from scratch? Is there a size you are after?

Any other information you can share about your bookshelf will be most appreciated. Our members will then be able to give you more recommendations.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint a Kaboodle door

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Farhana
Getting Established

Thanks Eric for your suggestion. We are planning to put an electric fireplace under the tv and wall shelves and cabinets under the shelves on both sides. We need the cabinet door to be approx 40cm wide and 60 cm high. It has to have Hampton style profile. Can we find raw door in this size? Also should we go for mdf or pine? I am uploading an image what inspires us to go for this project. Thanks 

9F96BDE3-8AD5-460A-9375-B2DC4271DFF1.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Farhana

That sounds like a very exciting project, but before you begin, I suggest having a good look at your fireplace documentation. Look carefully at its conditions when being installed inside a cabinet. I also recommend having a look at the rules and regulations of your local council regarding enclosing an electric fireplace inside a cabinet. 

As long as your enclosure follows the installation rules and regulations of your local council you should be able to install your fireplace and TV with no issues. In regards to the size and profile of the door, I suggest speaking to your local store's In-Store Kitchen Expert. They will be able to quote you a custom-sized raw door with your preferred profile. 

I also suggest having a quick look at this Featured Project - Fireplace and feature wall by @craftyhopper

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects