Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Installing a Hume cavity sliding flush door

moussaqhiands
Cultivating a Following

Installing a Hume cavity sliding flush door

How to Install a Hume Cavity Sliding Flush Door from beginning to end

https://youtu.be/7tiGxOK0Zn0

Steps

Step 1

Step 1: Order special make, Hume door & other materials needed from Bunnings.

Step 2

Step 2: Measure, then mark out the position of the new opening on the wall.

Step 3

Step 3: Cut out plasterboard and remove timbers necessary.

Step 4

Step 4: Turn the electricity supply off if wires are present!!!

Step 5

Step 5: Re structure the timber studs & beam appropriate to the opening size that will carry the loads required for your opening size. 

Step 6

Step 6: Install the internal cavity sliding door in place using an accurate level!!!

Step 7

Step 7: Fit off the wheels provided & install the internal hollow core door, making necessary adjustments.

Step 8

Step 8: Place & Fix plasterboard to close off the wall & then set.

Step 9

Step 9: Install the timber pelmets to both side of the opening to finish off.

Step 10

Step 10: Measure, cut & install architraves around the cavity sliding door jamb.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing a Hume cavity sliding flush door

Hello @moussaqhiands 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your Hume door installation project.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and techniques on how to install a cavity sliding door. I'm sure this information will come in handy to our members who are planning on installing their own cavity door set. This project is definitely going into my bookmarks. 

Again, thank you for sharing such an awesome project. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Therealkieran
Just Starting Out

This video was full of useful information.

moussaqhiands
Cultivating a Following

I appreciate your reply Eric. Installing internal cavity siding doors can seem overwhelming at a glance but if you take one step at a time, all things being equal anyone should be able to do it .

Moussa

Thank you Therealkeiran, it took a while to make but it was worth it!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Therealkieran. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

I'd agree and loved seeing some of the issues an everyday person would encounter. Too often, I've seen guides where everything is straightforward, and nothing ever comes up as a roadblock.

We're keen to hear all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please reach out whenever you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

Great tutorial @moussaqhiands. The tip about cutting the plaster at a shallow angle showed its merits when you discovered the underlying power cables.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

Hume Internal Cavity Sliding Door Removing the plasterboard .jpgHume Internal Cavity Sliding Door safely cutting the plasterboard .jpg100% right Mitchell! safety always comes first! That was observant of you and a great comment. Things can always go wrong, it's how we react to issues which is the key to doing a successful job! 

Moussa

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects