Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to transition from tile to hybrid floor (few mm lower) with a narrow strip

barydos
Having an Impact

How to transition from tile to hybrid floor (few mm lower) with a narrow strip

Hi everyone,

I recently did my first attempt at laying hybrid flooring (replaced the existing carpets) on the concrete floor, in my small living room.

PXL_20230225_020905816.jpg

I plan on adding scotia (deciding between white and matching the flooring) to the skirting, but before I do that - I'd like to get the transition sorted. At this point, the gap of the transition is about 10mm and the edge of the tiles appear to maybe 3mm higher than the hybrid flooring. Is there a nice simple solution here?

PXL_20230225_020924382.MP.jpgPXL_20230225_020939328.jpg

I don't want a transition that's too wide (for my liking haha), and ideally I'd prefer if i didn't have to have a larger gap for any transition "base" (which may require screwing into the concrete?). Honestly, if I have to just use some concrete glue or something I would do it. Some examples of what I was looking at: https://postimg.cc/LYHQXHR6

I also like the existing metal on the title edge, would love to somehow transition that smoothly, but would love to see what my options are and all suggestions welcome. It's my first time with transition stuff, so there are a lot of considerations I'm probably missing.

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to transition from tile to hybrid floor (few mm lower) with a narrow strip

Hello @barydos 

Thank you for sharing the finished project, your scotia trim installation is superb. It's very neatly done and seals the flooring perfectly.

Again, thank you for sharing such a wonderful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects