Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to prevent a tear in my vinyl recliner?

Relle
Just Starting Out

How to prevent a tear in my vinyl recliner?

Hi there,

I have some cracks in one of my vinyl recliners. I would like to fix this before they turn into tears. I have googled vinyl repair kits, but was hoping someone who has done the same, can recommend a product that works!

Thank you, 

Narelle

IMG_8743.jpgIMG_8744.jpgIMG_8745 (1).jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to prevent a tear in my vinyl recliner?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Relle. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about preventing a tear in a vinyl recliner.

Like leather lounges, vinyl must be nourished to prevent it from drying out and cracking. Products like Glitz 168g Leather Conditioner can be used for this purpose. However, we've progressed past the point of protection, and the vinyl is now peeling away from the fabric base material. At this stage, it might be best to either use a specific dye or black shoe polish to darken the underlying fabric. You can then apply the conditioner to nourish the area.

You might like to read through this discussion as it could provide some leads: Leather lounge repair job.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects