Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount mirror on wall behind door?

Bell_1986
Cultivating a Following

How to mount mirror on wall behind door?

Hello

I have a full length arch mirror that can be mounted but also needs to be leaning on floor. I think a great place for it in my smallish bedroom would be on the wall that is behind bedroom door when the door is open, it would fit nicely if I can work around couple things. #1 replacing bedroom door handles so does not hit the mirror when door is open and #2 the door clip thing at the bottom that holds the door open (what is that called?) - I'll need a different one that can hold door open so mirror fits behind. #3 is this wall okay being close to window etc etc ? There are studs on this wall so I thought I could make my own bracket with peice of wood mounted to studs and then mirror mounted to peice of wood.

20240111_112449.jpg

20240111_112443.jpg

20240111_112452.jpg

20240110_101626.jpg

20240110_101623.jpg

17049368899845470130213442812468.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to mount mirror on wall behind door?

Hi @Bell_1986 

Is there room to mount the  mirror on the  door instead.  So  the mirror needs to  touch the floor why? to tilt maybe? Just trying to see your plans I know you have your reasons.

Hey all good, it's not going to work. So I plan keeping where is I just need to raise my tv/ TV bracket. Which I have posted as is another project I'd really appreciate some advice on. Thanks ☺️ 

Hi @Bell_1986 

Look at your tv wall bracket  mark up the wall (pencil) how far you need it to go up It looks like approx 250mm from photos. make  sure your mirror fits :smile:

Well your tv bracket i can see behind is sitting nicly on a  vertical stud wall by the looks so you need to unscrew tv off its bracket  (Take pictures of  where the screws belong if that helps you for reassembly.)  this maybe a  two person job one to hold tv when  loosened.

Undo your wall bracket move it verticaly up the wall exactly in line with the old  holes so it still on the stud. and mark your new mounting holes Check  your  mirror  fits  now , predrill them with a smaller drill will help.   or  just use a cordless drill straight in If you miss the stud  move it a bit and go again.

Remount your tv  in the screw  holes as  per before. 

The tv is on a stud you might be able to use  same stud to mount mirror now you know where it is.

Dosnt that door stopper on skirting board stop the door hitting the mirror?  if not simple way is to buy a cute sand filled door animal stopper behind the door against wall.  or a  brick wrapped in material,

It's great to hear you've found another arrangement, @Bell_1986.

Here's a helpful guide: How to hang just about anything.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects