Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang double doors?

stephaniekenny
Just Starting Out

How to hang double doors?

Hello! I haven’t had much experience with home DIY and would love some advice!

I want to replace these glass doors to my sons bedroom with double timber doors. He is a baby so the black out material has been okay so far, but looking for something more aesthetic now! 

I don’t really know if I have to buy special “double doors” or can I just buy ordinary doors with something that will let them close together? 

Dimensions are 1400mm wide and 2040mm high

E514A83C-4728-4D63-BBFF-1C58E7A5CB2A.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to hang double doors?

Hi @stephaniekenny,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us. 

Have you had a look at the range of Bunnings internal doors? It might help our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL to recommend something if he had an idea of the style you were looking for.

Please also be aware that Bunnings has a door installation service if you would prefer for an installer to hang the doors for you. 

Feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have a new project to share with other members. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to hang double doors?

Hello @stephaniekenny 

My apologies for the late reply. The good news is that you can order custom sized doors at the store. I suggest measuring each doors height, width and length. You can then choose an internal door that you like and ask the special orders desk for a quote on the doors.

Please make sure to bring pictures of the double doors so that the special orders team will have a good idea of what it looks like. If you have the tools and are keen on installing the doors yourself, I suggest having a look at this guide - How to hang a door

One other option you can explore is to modify your existing doors. I suggest covering the front with timber or MDF panels to cover the glass. You can then do the same thing on the other side.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects